Become a volunteer in McKinney
By sharing their time, talents and passions with our patients and families, volunteers provide an extra dimension of caring that is crucial to the success of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney.
As a volunteer at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney, you will serve patients, families, and staff by sharing your time and talents.
From answering phones to comforting families during a traumatic event, our volunteers make a significant impact on our patients and the community.
Areas of service may include:
- Provide comfort items and assistance to patients and their families
- Assist staff on nursing units
- Deliver mail and flowers
- Escort patients and visitors
- Perform general office duties
- Serve patients, visitors and employees in the volunteer-supported concierge desks
- Sponsor fundraisers
- Participate in health fairs
- Provide tours
- Serve on committees
- Be involved in a specialty program, including heart surgery patient or close relative, cancer survivor or close relative, weight loss surgery patient, retired nurses and/or healthcare workers