Positive results in healing rates and average days to heal
The Comprehensive Wound Center at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Waxahachie is dedicated to preserving the function of the lower extremities and offering advanced wound care for patients with diabetes or other conditions.
Our wound center in Waxahachie uses advanced modalities and has a proven record for healing problem wounds. Our advanced treatments can benefit any wound that has not healed in two weeks or has a complex presentation.
Conditions we treat
A non-healing wound, also called a chronic wound, is a sore that has not started to heal within two weeks. Some of the conditions we treat in our wound center in Waxahachie include the following:
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Decubitus or pressure ulcers
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Peripheral arterial disease and other vascular diseases
- Radiation exposure
- Skin irritations
- Surgery or trauma
- Venous stasis
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie
Comprehensive Wound Care Center
2460 N Interstate 35E, Ste 169
Waxahachie, TX 75165
Medical Director: Elizabeth Hamilton, MD
Wound treatment options
A multidisciplinary team, including hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy and wound specialists, podiatric foot and ankle surgeons, and specialty nurses, works closely with you and your physician to develop the best approach to your wound healing issue. Some of the treatments we provide in our Comprehensive Wound Center in Waxahachie include:
- Comprehensive wound evaluation and an individualized treatment plan
- Compression dressings
- Doppler evaluation and vascular testing
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy
- Limb preservation
- Manufactured (bio-engineered) tissue graft application
- Negative pressure wound therapy (wound vacuum-assisted closure or VAC)
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring
- Wound care and debridement
Functional preservation of limbs
Limb preservation specialists on our medical staff combine skill, expertise and advanced technology to assess your situation and tailor an individualized treatment approach. Our multidisciplinary team coordinates with you and your physician to save your limb and prevent further issues.
Our advanced limb preservation techniques include the following:
- Minimally invasive vascular procedures, such as balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Limb-sparing with advanced fixation
- Bone transplants and bone graft substitutes
- Bone growing proteins
- Tissue grafting
Comprehensive Wound Center appointment form
Please provide contact information so we may respond to your request to schedule an appointment at the Comprehensive Wound Center in Waxahachie. One of our nurse navigators will contact you within 24-48 hours.
Please note: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie cannot address a medical emergency through this form. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.