Sports medicine experts utilize the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help get you back in top form
Whether you're a starting athlete, your triathlon days are behind you or you just live life at full speed, comprehensive orthopedic care near you and for you is part of our game strategy at Baylor Scott & White Health.
Orthopedic sports medicine surgeons on the medical staff are skilled at treating and repairing all types of injuries, including an ACL tear or ACL injury, resulting from participating in sports or injuries that result from everyday life.
If you are experiencing knee or hip pain, take our free knee pain assessment or hip pain assessment. It will help you determine next steps, if any, including which kind of orthopedic specialist may be most appropriate for you.
- Biceps tendon ruptures
- Trigger finger
- Treatment for sprains
- Acromioclavicular (AC) joint/Shoulder separation
- Dislocated shoulder
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- SLAP tears (injured labrum)
- Treatment for sprains, including ulnar collateral ligament sprains or tears (Tommy John surgery)
- Hip arthroscopy to diagnose or treat the source of pain
- Hip dislocations
- Treatment for sprains
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears, injuries, ACL surgery
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) tears, injuries, MCL surgery
- Meniscus tear diagnosis, treatment and recovery
- Knee arthroscopy to diagnose knee injuries or treatment for meniscus tear and torn ligaments
- Cartilage resurfacing to fill in cartilage and prolong the life of the knee
- Knee cartilage transplants
- Treatment for knee sprains
- Ankle instability
- Ankle sprains
- Broken ankle
- Achilles tendinitis or ruptures
- Stress fractures
Baylor Scott & White Health’s game-changing facility offers comprehensive sports medicine care in Waco
The Ted and Sue Getterman Sports and Orthopedic Center in Waco on the campus of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest is a 106,000-square-foot, four-story freestanding orthopedic facility that provides multiple services under one roof.
The sports and orthopedic center in Waco features:
- Diagnostic imaging offering advanced diagnostic radiology
- A surgery center for orthopedic procedures, located conveniently in the same complex as medical practices and rehabilitation services
- Physical rehabilitation with indoor and outdoor physical therapy areas
- The Fusionetics Performance Health System
Services and programs
Baylor Scott & White offers sports concussion evaluation and treatment in the Dallas area and Frisco for athletes ages 5+ through our comprehensive program co-led by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician on the medical staff.
Rehabilitation and physical therapy
If you’re experiencing new pain, or if you have aggravated a previous injury, speak with your physician about physical therapy as a conservative treatment option. Blood flow restriction therapy or other unique therapies may be the right path for you.
Organized teams across Dallas-Fort Worth, Temple or Waco—whether for students or adults—may benefit from providing athletic trainer coverage for added player safety and healthcare concierge services when needed.
Orthopedics and sports medicine center in Waco
Residents of Waco and surrounding communities can experience one specialized location solution to many sports-related healthcare needs.
Expert advice from our blog
Scrubbing In® is a place where hands-on healthcare discussions are happening every day with the people whose own hands are on the front lines of patient care—the doctors, nurses and medical staff who are saving lives and advancing medicine.
Move better while walking or running in your neighborhood
Have you found yourself running or walking regularly for the first time in a while?
Why rotator cuff injuries are the most common cause of shoulder pain
As the popularity of high-impact, strength-building exercise programs increases, the shoulder is being increasingly called upon to function as a high demand, weight-bearing joint.
Injury prevention: It’s all in the warm-up
How can I possibly prevent a multitude of potential injuries in a short amount of time?
Sit less, move more: 5 ways to squeeze more physical activity into your day
Let’s talk about exercise. Maybe you love it, maybe you tolerate it, maybe the mere mention of it draws a cringe.
Athletes and ACL injuries — are you at risk?
When it comes to playing sports, your knee can take a lot of abuse.
Knees: what a woman needs to know
Men and women are different in a lot of ways, but one area of difference that may surprise you concerns their knees.