Personalized care to prevent and reduce the burden of heart disease
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States
Preventing heart disease is a way of life. Preventive cardiology is a specialty within cardiovascular medicine that focuses on reducing and preventing heart disease and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Our nationally renowned team at the Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention uses a prevention-as-treatment philosophy that focuses on identifying risk factors for heart disease before they become severe or life-threatening and promoting heart health.
The Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention is a specialty clinic for:
- Complex lipid disorders
- South Asian cardiovascular health
- Women’s cardiovascular health
- Anyone who wants to learn more about their risk for heart disease and be proactive about their heart health.
It is never too early or too late to learn about your risk for heart disease and be proactive about your health.
Our Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention helps reduce your risks and manage your health
Preventing heart disease is the best way we can advocate for our patients and our community. Our highly skilled heart team uses a combination of lifestyle modifications and evidence-based medicine to create a customized prevention plan that can work for you.
Our mission is to:
- Educate you on your risk factors for heart disease and how to manage them
- Advocate for your best health
- Empower you to live a healthy and active lifestyle
Areas of specialty
Comprehensive cardiovascular risk assessment with individualized blend of lifestyle and medical treatment. Advanced non-invasive diagnostic tests or imaging are available if additional testing is identified.
Comprehensive prevention services are available to include fitness, education and dietician services.
Complex lipid disorders
We provide specialty care for individuals with complex lipid and cholesterol disorders, many of which may be inherited, such as familial hypercholesterolemia, familial hypertriglyceridemia, elevated Lipoprotein(a), etc.
South Asian cardiovascular health
- People of South Asian ethnicity have a higher risk of heart disease than many other racial and ethnic groups.. Heart disease often presents earlier and is more aggressive in individuals of South Asian ethnicity.
- We are committed to lowering the burden of heart disease in the South Asian community by providing culturally tailored care.
- Our services include consultation with a nationally recognized experts in South Asian cardiovascular health including a registered dietitian with expertise in the traditional South Asian cuisine
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women and women experience heart disease differently than men. Women are often undertreated for heart disease and its risk factors.
- Any woman with symptoms or risk factors for heart disease or who wants to learn more about her risk for heart disease can be referred or may self-refer to the clinic.
Diagnostic accuracy and advanced technology
Our diagnostic team in Plano performs a comprehensive analysis of your individual cardiovascular risk that includes non-invasive diagnostic tests and advanced imaging technology that can pinpoint blockages like never before.
Our advanced heart diagnostic technology includes:
- 3D Echocardiography allows us to see the heart from multiple angles
- HeartFlow® fractional flow reserve test (FFR) is a non-invasive way for us to see an unprecedented view of the coronary arteries
- The 256-Slice GE Revolution CT delivers high-definition imaging across the entire body