Did you know approximately 40% of Americans suffer from a sleep disorder?
Odds are you or someone you know has sleep problems that's diminishing your quality of life.
Help for sleep disorders is available at many Baylor Scott & White Health facilities across Texas. Our sleep programs are dedicated to alleviating symptoms and improving sleep patterns and daily life for people with problems sleeping. We offer a full range of up-to-date diagnostic and treatment procedures as part of our comprehensive sleep disorder care program to help you sleep through the night.
Sleep disorders treated
A person is often unaware that he or she has a sleep disorder. As a result, sleep disturbances may go undiagnosed and untreated for many years, and they may never get a good night's sleep.
Sometimes, the patient complains of daytime fatigue, sleep anxiety or overwhelming sleepiness. Frequently, a bed partner, rather than the patient, is the best source of information about bad sleep patterns.
Some common sleep disorders include the following:
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Central sleep apnea
- Periodic limb movements
- Restless leg syndrome
- Pediatric sleep disorders
Sleep disorder treatment options
To diagnose and treat sleep disorders, experts at Baylor Scott & White may use a variety of sleep studies and treatment methods, including:
- Home sleep study
- Actigraph to monitor sleep and wake patterns
- Nocturnal polysomnography
- CPAP titration study (continuous airway pressure therapy)
- Nocturnal seizure monitoring
- Ventilatory support study
- Maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT)
- Multiple sleep latency testing (MSLT)
- Pediatric sleep study
- Seizure sleep study
- Split night sleep study
- INSPIRE sleep apnea implant (alternative to CPAP that works inside the body during sleep)
Available in Fort Worth, Grapevine, Marble Falls and Round Rock.