Experiencing symptoms and concerned you may have COVID-19?
If you have COVID-19 symptoms or think you may have the virus, here are options you can take to get tested:
- Log in to MyBSWHealth.com or download the MyBSWHealth app to take a free COVID-19 self-checker to see if you need to get tested.
- Contact your primary care provider.
- Call the state of Texas COVID-19 testing line at 211 or 877.541.7905, or visit the following websites to find a testing site near you:
- If your symptoms are severe and you are experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache or other potentially life-threatening problems, go to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
If you do test positive, please let your Baylor Scott & White Health provider know by sending a message through the MyBSWHealth portal. You will then be enrolled in our COVID-19 home monitoring digital care journey, which includes monitoring for patients isolating at home.
Patients treating COVID-19 at home
Expanded digital care options are now available for individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 through the MyBSWHealth online portal and app (text BETTER to 88408 to download).
The app, screening and at-home monitoring are open to everyone. You do not have to be a current or previous patient of Baylor Scott & White prior to using this service. A medical record is established once users begin the process.
Adults and children can receive quality care and support from a team of Baylor Scott & White clinicians, and our “at your fingertips" supportive experience extends care and monitoring to patients isolating at home, including:
- Detailed quarantine instructions
- Daily symptom checking
- Dedicated care management
- Telehealth visits